Saturday, June 12, 2010

Feeling Nautical

Posted by Cathy at 7:51 AM
As most of you know I am leaving on TUESDAY for my internship with American Cruise Lines. I will sailing up and down the Chesapeake Bay and the Potomac Bay (I can't wait for lobster fest). It's going to be hard being on a ship for 8 weeks working 12-14 hour days but I think I can make it through. I have been thinking about this more and more as it is quickly approaching which would explain my attire!
I am wearing my oatmeal sailor shorts from Express. These shorts are made from linen so they are extra comfortable. For those who do not know me, I always wear long shirts or tanks. Because the sailor short is so unique with their buttons I tucked my Pink/White tunic in! Which brings me to the stripes of my shirt.

Accessories? Why yes! I am wearing a flower ball I got at the J. Crew outlet for only $15 on our way back from the beach. The bracelet I am wearing is a thrifted gold chain with a colorful satin cloth running through the rings. I am wearing my shell watch from White House Black Market, and through in some gladiator sandals I bought from Express for $8 with my discount (they are currently 50%).
Have a good weekend on my way to enjoy some sushi and help my sister plan her September Wedding and hopefully, one more before I ship off!

5 comments:

Dressing Up For Me on June 12, 2010 at 10:41 AM said...

I´m a jewelry lover and so I love all that you´re wearing. The white gladiators flats look so comfy but since I´m tiny I´m having thoughts on buying a pair.

Have a lovely weekend ahead and enjoy your sushi! I just ate mine yesterday. ;)

À LA MODEST on June 14, 2010 at 5:26 PM said...

Love anything nautical! What a pretty pendant :)

Elaine on June 14, 2010 at 6:19 PM said...

Definitely a different take on nautical!

clothed much, a modest fashion blog

Leia on June 15, 2010 at 3:04 AM said...

Cute outfit - LOVE that top!

Unknown on June 16, 2010 at 12:50 AM said...

great outfit dear nice
i like stripes t-shirts looks great on you you looks sooo sweet

enjoy your day

Post a Comment